Get a Plan in Greater Seattle
Does your family know what to do in case of a storm, fire, flood or other disaster to your home or community? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why creating an emergency family plan now is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice per year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form